The day it felt normal

A few days ago, I was walking towards a lake.
One of those walks with no real purpose other than being outside.
Fresh air.
Open space.

A little distance from screens, schedules, and all the things that usually compete for attention.

A calm lake with ducks resting on a fallen tree branch in the water, with green hills and mountains under a cloudy sky in the background.

As I walked, my thoughts drifted to our upcoming trip.
Denmark.
A simple thought.
Nothing dramatic.
And maybe that's exactly why it stayed with me.

🩷🩷🩷

Because there was a time when something like this felt very far away.
Not impossible.
Just somewhere in the category of one day.
One day when the timing is better.
One day when the finances make more sense.
One day when I won't have to think twice about it.
One day when there is enough room for it.

🩷🩷🩷

I don't remember exactly when that changed.
Not in a big movie moment.
Not with fireworks.
Not with a sign from the universe.

🩷🩷🩷

Somewhere along the way, it simply became real.
The trip wasn't just an idea anymore.
It was booked.
It was planned.
And perhaps most importantly, it felt manageable.
Comfortable.
Natural.

🩷🩷🩷

Looking back, I realise it wasn't one big decision that changed things.
It was a few small promises I kept to myself.
Nothing impressive.
Nothing anyone else would have noticed.
Just enough to start trusting what was possible.
And sometimes that is all it takes.
Not certainty.
Not proof.

Just one small experience that quietly says:
Maybe there is more available than I thought.

🩷🩷🩷

By the time I reached the lake, the water was completely still.
And standing there, I realised that this was the part nobody really talks about.
Not the dreaming.
Not the hoping.
Not even the achieving.

🩷🩷🩷

The quiet moment afterwards.
The moment when something you once wished for no longer feels extraordinary.
Because it has become part of your life.

🩷🩷🩷

I think we often imagine happiness arriving with a trumpet.
A big announcement.
A dramatic before and after.
But sometimes it arrives quietly.
So quietly that you almost miss it.

🩷🩷🩷

A family holiday.
A booked trip.
A simple conversation about what to pack.
Ordinary things.
Beautiful things.

🩷🩷🩷

The lake didn't say anything that afternoon.
The water remained still.
The sky remained wide.
And yet I left with the feeling that something had gently shifted.
Not because Denmark was booked.
But because a dream had stopped feeling like a dream.
And started feeling normal.

With light & love 🩷,

Signature Manuela Portmann

P.S.
Want to dive deeper?

Then the Spirit & Brain Spark is ready to land in your inbox. It’s filled with little reflections, quiet “aha” moments, and, as a welcome gift, your 3-Minute Heart Moment. [Treat yourself to your Spirit & Brain Spark here].

Popular posts from this blog

Manchmal rauscht es einfach

The Frequency of 'Not Yet'

Not perfect. Still continuing...