The Butterfly I Wasn’t Looking For

I was sitting on some stones, eating lunch after a beautiful hike up in the mountains.
Nothing particularly magical was happening.
I was hungry.🤣

Butterfly resting on stones during a hike in natur

It was one of those days where you walk for a while, find a nice spot, sit down, open your lunch and finally stop pretending you are still full of energy.

Then I noticed the butterfly.

It had landed on the stones not far from me.
And for a little while, I simply watched it.
No particular reason.

I wasn't trying to make the moment meaningful.
I wasn't looking for an insight.
I was just sitting there, eating my lunch, watching a butterfly.

🩷🩷🩷

And somehow, that felt strangely familiar.

How often do we only allow ourselves to stop when there is a reason?

When we've finished something.
When we've learned something.
When we've figured something out.
When we've done enough.

Even curiosity can become surprisingly serious when we turn it into another way of working on ourselves.

I've caught myself doing that.

Reading something because I want to understand myself better.
Listening to something because I want to shift something.
Thinking about something because surely there must be something I haven't figured out yet.

And then suddenly I'm sitting there thinking:

Oh dear.

Apparently I have become a full-time project. 🤣

🩷🩷🩷

The butterfly didn't seem particularly interested in personal development.
It wasn't trying to become a better butterfly.
It wasn't checking whether it had made enough progress that day.
It simply landed.
Stayed for a while.
And then flew away.

I smiled.

Because maybe there are moments when nothing needs to be worked on.
Nothing needs to be understood.
Nothing needs to become the next version of something.
Maybe we can just be there.

🩷🩷🩷

I don't think this means we stop growing.
Quite the opposite.
I love learning.
I love discovering things about myself.
I love those moments when something suddenly clicks and you think:

Ohhhhhh...

So that's what's been going on. 🤣

But perhaps there is a difference between following that curiosity...
and constantly searching for something that needs fixing.

🩷🩷🩷

That little butterfly reminded me of something very simple.
Life doesn't always announce the moments that matter.

Sometimes they arrive quietly.
A walk.
A stone.
A sandwich.
A butterfly.

And suddenly, without trying, you are exactly where you need to be.
No breakthrough.
No big revelation.
Just there.

🩷🩷🩷

Maybe that is enough for today.
Not another thing to improve.
Not another thing to understand.
Just a moment you didn't plan.

And perhaps the freedom to leave it exactly as it is.

With light & love 🩷,
Signature Manuela Portmann

P.S. Want to dive deeper?

Then the Spirit & Brain Spark is ready to land in your inbox. It’s filled with little reflections, quiet “aha” moments, and, as a welcome gift, your 3-Minute Heart Moment. [Treat yourself to your Spirit & Brain Spark here].


Popular posts from this blog

Manchmal rauscht es einfach

The Frequency of 'Not Yet'

Not perfect. Still continuing...